Home Maintenance Inspector
Home Inspector for Vacation Rental Property Management (Part Time) Park City, UT
Since 2015, Local Vacation Rentals has invested in a local-driven approach to vacation rental management. With over 300+ properties in Breckenridge, Park City, and Lake Tahoe we are proud of our industry-leading approach to high performance property management with a local touch. We are a small startup, but growing rapidly, and looking for other talented and motivated individuals to join us in our journey!
Who we are looking for?
We are currently looking for a Home Maintenance Inspector with an eye for maintaining home standards for not only our guests but also for our homeowners. As a Home Maintenance Inspector you will be responsible for inspecting homes after every guest check-out and prior to every homeowner arrival to ensure the home is in the best condition possible. Your day will be spent traveling between properties performing inspections as well as assisting guests with any issues or questions they may have. If you have an eye for detail, this position will be perfect for you!
What will you do?
A day as a Home Maintenance Inspector consists of visiting various properties throughout the day checking for any damage caused by the previous guests, or any maintenance issues that might arise through normal use of the home. You will be the eyes and ears on the ground for the entire operation while also assisting the guest services team with any in-house guest issues that might arise that they cannot take care of themselves. Minor tasks such as changing light bulbs and tightening fixtures will be occasionally necessary, and some experience in home maintenance is helpful.
Communication is key! At LocalVR we truly value communication with not only our internal team, but also our homeowners. Expect to communicate frequently with your team members so that we can relay the message to our homeowners, unlike other property management companies, we really want you to focus on inspections. Therefore we have a dedicated team to directly speak to the homeowner regarding any issues that you might find within the home.
What skills will you bring to the team?
- Communicator: Effectively communicate with your supervisors and the rest of the team here at LocalVR of Lake Tahoe. We are a really close, tight-knit team and we spend a lot of time communicating with each other.
- Problem Solver: We wish we could say we have seen everything and know every answer to every problem but sadly, that is not the case. Be ready to expect the unexpected.
- Willingness to learn: Be open to constructive criticism, we are all a team and we are all still constantly learning. Have an open mind, bring creative ideas to the table to help maximize efficiency.
- Organization: Self manage and route your day, keep track of maintenance items that come up throughout the day and do an effective job at reporting them.
- Responsible and Reliable: We understand that people make mistakes and many times things do get missed in an inspection. The important part is your willingness to improve and recognize your mistakes and make sure they do not happen again. We will be counting on you to self manage your day and do the best job you possibly can. Be reliable. Show up to work on time, complete the tasks for the day and communicate with the team.
You occasionally may be required to to lift up to 30lbs.
- Contract position
- Part time (10 - 20 hours)
- Wednesday - Sunday availability required
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Property Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Note: Must be located within 15 miles of Park City, Utah.